Sunday, May 23, 2010

Deployment


It was finally official on Friday, May 21st...Shane left for his first deployment on the Truman Aircraft Carrier. I did pretty well the week leading up to his leaving. I did not really cry until I drove Shane to his plane. We got to his work walked in the door and I just broke down. It was so hard not to. The mood was just so depressing. Landon and I got to stay with Shane until he flew his plane off of the base. It was really cool being able to see him gear up, walk out to the plane, and watch him take off. This was my first time ever seeing him fly. Granted I did not see much because my eyes were swelling with tears...but I saw enough.

I am very excited for Shane to go on his first deployment. He has been preparing the last 4+ years of his life for this day and it has finally arrived. He has gone through a tremendous amount of work and he finally gets to use his training.

Landon and I will pray to God every night to keep him safe and for the strength to make it through the next several months without us.

WE LOVE YOU DADDY SO MUCH!



No comments:

Post a Comment